Last modified: June 8, 2021
Trade Data Exchange (“TDX,” “us,” “our,” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard any personal information that you provide to us in the course of using our website, applications, and other online services (collectively, the “Services”) or that we may otherwise collect from or about you in connection with our products and services, as well as your choices and rights with respect to your personal information. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES ONLY TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT INDIVIDUALS. THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY ACE DATA OR OTHER COMPANY-RELATED INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR PROVIDED TO TDX IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES. ANY SUCH COMPANY-RELATED INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR PROVIDED TO TDX IS SUBJECT TO TDX’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS AVAILABLE HERE.
TDX’s Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Residents supplements the information contained in this Privacy Statement and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California.
You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. We collect personal information that you voluntarily give us, as well as certain information obtained from third parties and information that is generated through or in connection with your use of the Services. This information may include:
· Information you provide when you inquire about, subscribe to, engage with, or otherwise use our Services, such as your name, email address, company affiliation and position, phone number, geographic location, and payment information.
· Information regarding your Service-related purchases and transactions, such as subscriptions and transaction dates.
· Information generated through your use of our Services, such as Service access times, amount of time spent using the Services, and other log information.
· Information provided to us by our third-party partners, such as conference attendee lists.
· Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, if you contact us.
· Details of any other transactions or activities you carry out through or in connection with our Services.
When you navigate our website or download, access, or otherwise use our Services, certain other information may be passively collected (i.e., gathered without you actively providing information) using various technologies and means. Our systems may automatically gather information about your access to the Services and the areas of our Services that you visit, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data regarding your access to and use of the Services. Our systems may also collect operational information about the devices and technology you use to access and use our Services, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems, device identifiers, and internet service providers. Like most online services, we and our service providers (including advertising providers) may track IP addresses during your visit and may also use session, persistent and flash cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other successor technologies. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings (as described below) or via the Cookie settings.
Your web browser may include settings which allow you to manage or block cookies and other related technologies. We and our service providers may also use this information for operations purposes, including improving products and services, optimizing our Services, and displaying relevant advertising. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can remove or reject cookies, but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Services. You may not decline web beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or by modifying your web browser’s settings to notify you each time a cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. You may also approve or reject cookies via the Cookie settings.
For further information about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS: Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our Services do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
Personal Information Use
We use the information we collect from and about you (and your device) for the purpose(s) you provided it to us, such as to respond to your inquiries, to provide the Services to you, and to administer and maintain your account and subscriptions.
We may also use the information we collect from and about you (and your device) to create, maintain, and customize your account and subscriptions with us; respond to your product information requests, questions or other inquiries; provide you with customized content, targeted offers and advertising through our Services, other websites, and via email or text message; contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates; develop new products and services, and improve our existing products and services; address problems and review the usage and operations of our Services and business, and improve our Service-related content, products and offerings; protect the security and integrity of our Services and our business; verify your identity; respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, and governmental regulations; monitor, investigate, and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of TDX policies, procedures, and subscription terms; exercise and defend the legal rights of TDX and our employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, and agents and as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection and in this Privacy Statement.
In addition to the purposes identified above, any information we collect may also be used for analytics purposes (e.g., evaluating Service usage patterns and advertisement interactions) so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our Services, programs, and advertisements, and improve the usefulness of information presented to visitors and users of our Services.
We may combine the personally identifiable information you share with us through our Services with other information we collect from or about you, both online and offline. We may also combine this personally identifiable information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design our products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
Personal Information Sharing
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. However, in some instances it may be necessary or appropriate to share your information with third parties. In addition to any other disclosures of personal information described in this Privacy Statement, your personal information may be disclosed as follows:
· By Law or to Protect Rights. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from and about you (and your device) as necessary or appropriate to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may also disclose your information (i) as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our Services or other products, including any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our Services, and (ii) to enforce or apply our policies, terms and conditions, and other user agreements.
· Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including data analysis, email delivery, internet services, hosting services, customer service, legal and auditing, and marketing assistance.
· Marketing Communications. With your consent, we may share your information with third parties for our marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
· Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve ads when you visit our website or third-party websites. These companies may use information about your visits to our website and other websites that is collected via web cookies and similar technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
· Sale or Transfer of Ownership. During the normal course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires (or may acquire) us or any of our assets, information we collect from and about you (and your device) may be transferred to such entity. Any successor entity shall be bound by terms and conditions reasonably similar to this Privacy Statement.
· Consent. If you consent to the sharing of your personal information, we will share your information for the purposes authorized by you.
We and our service providers may create aggregated and/or de-identified databases which we otherwise use or share, but such databases will not include your personally identifiable contact information.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, you can learn more about the disclosure of your personal information in TDX’s Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Residents.
You may request to access, change, or remove other personal information previously provided to us by contacting us as described in the Contact Us section below. For record keeping and compliance purposes, we will retain certain information collected from or about you in conjunction with our Services and other commercial transactions.
You can opt out of promotional emails we may send to you by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in such emails. If you opt out of our marketing communications, we may still send you transactional and relationship emails, such as emails about your subscriptions and account.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, you have additional rights with respect to your personal information, as described in TDX’s Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Residents.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page with a notice that the Privacy Statement has been updated on the Services application home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Services application home page. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Services and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or to exercise your rights as described in this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.